About the 1st certification examination
1) Certification criteria
Food products that are produced, manufactured, or processed for sales purpose (excluding those food products that are limited to eating and drinking at stores, etc.) shall fall under any of the following.
- Food products that are produced, manufactured, or processed in Niiza
- Food products that are manufactured or processed outside Niiza shall be made from the agricultural products produced in Niiza as raw materials
* Agricultural products (vegetables, fruits, etc.) and restaurant menu items are excluded.
Confectionery (baked confectionery, rice confectionery, Japanese and Western unbaked confectionery, candies, chocolates, frozen desserts, snack confectionery, etc.), breads, noodles (dry noodles, pre-boiled noodles), alcoholic liquor and beverages, seasonings (miso or bean paste, soy sauce, sauce, etc.), meat products (hams, sausages, etc.) and others (tofu, konnyaku, pickles, jam, tsukudani, chicken eggs, etc.)
2) Requirements for application and recommendation
In addition to recommendations from the applicant (self-appointed application), recommendations from persons other than the applicant (recommendation from others) shall be accepted. In any case, it is limited to one product per company (person).
[Case of recommendations from the applicant]
Those who produce, manufacture, or process the product shall have a company office in Niiza
[Case of recommendation from others]
Any one is acceptable (however, after recommendation, the city staff will confirm the intention with the recommending company. Please note in advance that some applicants can be excluded from the examines.)
3) Selection and certification method
After the Review Board for Niiza brand Certification examines the following items, Mayor of Niiza City shall issue a certificate.
- Typical Niiza product/regional characteristics
- Marketability/future potential
- Contribution to strengthening brand power
4) Flow to certification
- May 1 to June 30, 2015 Application acceptance (recommendation by May 29)
- July to September, 2015 Screening (document examination and tasting)
- Mid-September, 2015 Unofficial decision of certification
- November 1, 2015 Certification ceremony
5) Effective period of certification
Four years from the date of certification (November 1, 2015 to October 31, 2019)
For more information, please see “Outline of Niiza City Project for Niiza brand Certification” (PDF / 114KB) (downloadable).
City Promotion Division of Niiza City General Policy Planning Department
1-1-1 Nobidome, Niiza-shi, 352-8623